Lines of initiative identified for 2019
- Consolidation of the supplier portal worldwide.
- Work plan with productive material suppliers for the definition of environmental requirements.
- Development of an environmental collaboration project incubator with suppliers.
- Rollout of the ‘CIE Automotive and its supply chain’ project to educate suppliers about what is expected of them on the CSR front, accompanied by an assistance programme.
- Audits following specific ESG criteria of the top five suppliers to every European factory and the factories in North America and Brazil.
Supply chain management
Some 90.4% of the company’s suppliers are local firms [204-1].
By sourcing from suppliers located close to its manufacturing facilities, CIE Automotive generates wealth in local communities, reduces logistics and tariff costs and mitigates exchange rate risk. As a result, 90.4% of CIE Automotive’s suppliers, responsible for 79.3% of product and service purchases in 2018, are local firms.
LOCAL SUPPLIERS, %